Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hip-hop is for Everyone.

I am now in Beijing and will be here for at least the next 4 months. I don't wanna complain alot, but one thing I must lament is my lack of a camera. I've missed quite a few photo-opportunities because I've got no camera. However, I should be getting one soon since they are reasonably priced over here.

Since I am here, I thought of finding out more about the dance scene. I went on Google and searched "Beijing Hip Hop". I scrolled down and came upon this:


Grannies Dance Hip Hop



"A group of old women, at an average age of 57 years, have been practicing hip hop dance for three years in Beijing. Their performance, which was originally disapproved by their friends and relatives, has now been widely praised by audiences."

(Wazzzuup aunties! Beats that line-dancing shit they do in parks back home.)

"The team head, Mrs. Wu, is 68-years-old. In spite of their old age, their flexible steps and colorful dressing make them look much younger than their actual age."

(When X'mas comes, I'm gonna ask for a funky granny.)



"“I am able to hold my granddaughter in my arm now,” said Mrs. Liu, who is 58. Mrs. Liu is able to take care of her granddaughter while practicing the dance at the same time. "

(Hip-hop strengthens family ties. Amen to that.)

Now wouldn't my homies love to get down and dirty and grindin' with them! :P

No comments: